Thursday, August 2, 2007

Crazy Busy

It's been a long time since I've posted, oops. We've had a busy few weeks, and I haven't been keeping up. This is supposed to be a kind of record of what Alex is doing and learning, so I will try to keep up a little better.

I've totally abandoned the 23 things thing, sorry. :/ Life and stuff got in the way.

Anyway, we went to the science center yesterday. We did so much cool stuff! We saw a 3D Imax movie about coral and fish and stuff and that was awesome. Alex and I built this cool plumbing thing and I got a terrible cel phone photo of it. Alex was so proud. :) We spent a ton of time in the home building room, Alex did almost all the activities. We went through the human body area, and the insect area. There was one room with all kinds of interactive stuff, and Alex learned about pulleys and levers and stuff. I made lots of paper airplanes, most of which were colossal failures but it was fun anyway. We spent a TON of time with the air pressure exhibit. Alex LOVED it. Then on our way out we did the outdoor water play thingy and he got himself soaked and generally had a fantastic time. It was a great day. :D

We have an appointment scheduled for next week to meet with the Saint Bernard rescue so Alex can volunteer there. He is still in gymnastics and we've had some strange issues come up with that but overall it's been a very positive experience. I'm not sure he's going to want to do it again. I do want him in something big and physical, so if he quits gymnastics hopefully I can get him interested in some other activity.

We're signed up for an animal care class with some animal welfare group and also a dissection class at the science center.

My first round of emails to homeschool groups did not get much of a return but the latest one went very well. I have like 5 groups to read up on and maybe we will visit them all.

I really like having him home. :)

No comments: